Monday, May 3, 2010

Here, There, and Everywhere

This last week was filled to the brim with fun activities. I have had a list of things I want to do and try before I finish college, and with the end of college approaching, it is crunch time to finish my list!
On Monday, some friends and I declared a senior skip day and headed to Kansas City for a Royals game! Although some of us are from Kansas City, some of the girls that joined us had never been to see the Royals live, and they were in for a treat with the newly renovated stadium! The weather didn't exactly work in our favor, but in spite of the cold temperatures and freezing rain, we managed to have an awesome time! Here is the whole crew; Sarah, Katie, Mandy, Me, Cassie, Brittany, Mallory, and Audrey.
I met Zach, Mitch, and Jake for lunch at the Farris' Cafe later in the week. The Farris' Cafe, "Where every bite is a delight," is on the road I take to get to school every day and I have always wanted to stop in. I am now disappointed that I did not try it sooner! The food was delicious and our help was super friendly. Hopefully I will have the chance to try something else on their menu in the next two weeks!
Thursday was the last day for my job at the Phoneathon. It has been fun getting to know the people I work with and raising funds for the University. Everyday that I go to work I am reminded how awesome it is to be a Gorilla and I get to talk about my experiences and hear the stories of our alumni. Rebecca is my calling buddy. I have enjoyed getting to know her and the jokes and fun that has come from our time at the phoneathon!
This weekend I took a day trip to Kansas City to see my buddy Andrew perform in his Kindergarten Celebration! He was the pig that built the brick house in The Three Piggy Opera, which was a musical version of he three little pigs. So that makes him the smartest, strongest pig right?!? He did such a great job and I was so excited to see him shine on stage!
On the way home from church on Sunday we stopped traffic to capture one of the largest turtles I have ever seen! We ended up giving him a temporary home in our friend Andy's bathtub. Needless to say Andy had quite the reaction when he got home to find a giant turtle in his bathroom! It was all fun and games and everyone got a good laugh out of our new friend Howard! Here is the church crew/turtle tamers after capturing Howard!
The rest of Sunday afternoon was spent checking another thing off the list, Big Brutus. Big Brutus is one of the largest electric mining shovels in the world. It is 16 stories tall and it's dipper can scoop up to 90 cubic yards or 150 tons!
Jeff, Erin, and I posed at the bottom of the beast! Each of the pads over our heads weighed over 2,000 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment