Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blah Blah Blah

As I continue to settle into life in Monett, the twins continue to amaze me with their wit and charm. It is incredible how something so little can make your heart melt, and they do it daily! Even though I love life as a big sister, I have been out of town for a few days traveling all over Kansas. Eight of us made a road trip across Kansas for a wedding in Cheney, Kansas. I met Shauna and Steven at Pitt. They have been wonderful friends and I am so happy for the two of them. Lucky for me, we share a lot of the same friends, so their wedding was a mini reunion for all of us! Michelle Jordan and I had to stick together, we were outnumbered by all the guys! I can't get over how blessed I am to have the group of friends that I do. I can count on them for anything, and we know everything about each other. Knowing so much is what makes us so close, and also opens the door to lots of poking fun and pulling pranks, but that is part of what makes our group so fun to be around! At the end of the day we are all looking out for each other. We tried to capture a photo of all of us, but this is about as good as it gets with this crazy bunch!After the reception, we all booked rooms at the same hotel. It was fun to have the whole group in one place again. It made for a lot of reminiscing about old memories, and making new ones! I had 3 of my best friends in one place, which has not happened since Sigma formal, so it was refreshing to spend an evening with Michael, Gabe, and Jordan. They have really been like brothers to me at my home away from home, and I jump at every chance to spend time with them.Monday, I volunteered at Pitt CARES, which is the freshman orientation program for PSU. While I was there, I saw Gus Gorilla and President Scott. They were kind enough to take a picture with me. Doesn't Gus look good? He happens to be one of my closest friends!
This week Shelly and I attended a Bible study and discussed how to live a life that is above average. We also took the twins shopping in Joplin and picked up some much needed items. Other than that, I am continuing the job hunt, and heading back to Pittsburg this weekend. I am sure that will make for more pictures and memories to share next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment